Anterior Composite Restorations
MasterPath Course 3
This two-day lecture and hands-on course will review the latest advancements in the broad realm of anterior composite restorations. The course has been designed to provide the clinician with a deep understanding of the entire restorative process from materials science and adhesion to the placement and adjustment of the finest anterior esthetic composite restorations possible. Function (Dynamic Occlusion) plays as important as a roll as shade matching and contours in this challenging arena of direct restoration. Both the new practicianer and the experienced will find something valuable in this intensive course.
Richard G. Stevenson III, DDS, FAGD, FACD, ABOD
Click HERE for Dr. Stevenson’s CV
NOTE: Dr. Stevenson reports no conflicts of interest with any manufacturers or suppliers that would in any way bias his presentation. All material presented will be based on the latest science and evidence available to the best of his ability.
James Peyton, DDS, FAACD
Click HERE for Dr. Peyton’s CV
NOTE: Dr. Peyton reports no conflicts of interest with any manufacturers or suppliers that would in any way bias his presentation. All material presented will be based on the latest science and evidence available to the best of his ability.
- Step-by-step Protocol
- Shade matching
- Diagnostic wax-ups and putty guides
- Layering techniques
- Matrix systems – are they all the same?
- Imperceptible Class III, IV, and V restorations
- Direct facial composite veneers (“bonding”)
- Diastema Closure
- Preparation designs – angled bevels and starburst bevels
- Composite materials
- Complex situations – rotated teeth, discolored teeth
- Using tints and opaques
- Polishing systems
- Occlusal adjustment for chewing pathways
- Efficiency, limitations, indications
- Learn how to design a successful direct compote esthetic result which lasts
- Learn the science and practical application of composite layering
- Learn how to incorporate tints and opaques into composites
- Learn how to build class IV composites with a lingual putty stent
- Learn how to perform ideal occlusal adjustments and polishing