JULY 25, 2020 8 AM – 6 PM Pacific Standard Time
The webinar will be broken into 4 segments: 8-9 AM, 11-12 Noon, 1-2 PM and 4-6 pm
Due to the pandemic, many dental schools have decided to implement remote skills exams in lieu of the traditional “in-person” bench/manikin examination of clinical skills. This is one of a series of courses which will be conducted online, live via our web platform to provide you with the expected ideal standards (measurements and qualitative criteria) required for the class II amalgam preparation. Dr. Stevenson will start with a highly focused lecture and live sketches of the ideal class II preparation for MANDIBULAR MOLARS, including the MO on the second molar and the MO and DO on the first molar. After this initial session, the Interactive Evaluation participants will complete the assigned preparation from home, take a photo of the preparation, and upload it to our web interface. Dr. Stevenson will then evaluate each prep live with suggested corrections and then give a grade. In the afternoon, another lecture will discuss MAXILLARY MOLAR Class II preparations, including the MOL, DOL, MOD, and MODL variations. During this afternoon session, the interactive participants will again complete the assigned preparation from home and receive critical feedback in a real-time session with Dr. Stevenson. Included in the full-day webinar will be continuous opportunities to ask questions, receive detailed hints and suggestions, learn a predictable method of achieving a high grade, and learn from other participants’ preparations, and from the lectures, sketches, and pre-recorded videos. Even though you are not going to have your work evaluated, you will witness the evaluations and learn from the mistakes and successes of others. You will also be able to ask questions throughout the course.
- Class II Molar Preparations
- Class II Molar Variations
- Ideal Prep Standards
- Grading Criteria
- Start to Finish Technique
- Which Burs to Use
- How to use Hand Instruments
- Error Recognition and Appropriate Corrections
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the features of an ideal class II preparation for amalgam
- Understand how to use burs and hand instruments to improve your preparation
- Learn how to improve your technique with proven approaches
- Learn how to grade your own work based on grader standards
- Learn which errors are serious and require correction
- Learn the THREE ERRORs to avoid at all costs
Richard G. Stevenson III, DDS, FAGD, FACD, ABOD
Emeritus Professor of Clinical Dentistry, UCLA
Private Restorative Practice, West Los Angeles, CA
Director of Education, Stevenson Dental Solutions
Urmi Bhattacharyya, BDS
UCLA ACT Graduate, CA Licensed Dentist
Faculty, Stevenson Dental Solutions
- None of the faculty teaching at Stevenson Dental Solutions has any conflicts of interest to report. We never accept monetary support from any outside entity and all of our lecture materials, demonstrations, and teaching materials are subject to approval from our CE Committee which upholds the best evidence and most appropriate approaches to knowledge dissemination.
- The webinar course offers 5 units of CE Credit.
All of our courses offer both California and ADA/CERP CE Credit. Stevenson Dental Solutions, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.