August 9, 2020 Sunday 8 AM – 6 PM Pacific Standard Time
The webinar will be broken into 6 segments: 8-9:30 AM, 9:30-11:15 AM, 11 :15AM-12:45 PM, 1:30-2:30 PM, 2:30-4 PM and 4-6PM
Due to the pandemic, many dental schools have decided to implement remote skills exams in lieu of the traditional “in-person” bench/manikin examination of clinical skills. This is one of a series of courses that will be conducted online, live via our web platform to provide you with the expected ideal standards (measurements and qualitative criteria) required for the Full Gold Crown preparation. Dr. Stevenson will start with a highly focused lecture and live sketches of the ideal PFM preparation for the MAXILLARY CENTRAL INCISOR. After this initial session, the Interactive Evaluation participants will complete the assigned preparation from home, take 3-5 smartphone photos of the preparation, and upload them to our web interface. Dr. Stevenson will then evaluate each prep live with suggested corrections and then give a grade. In the afternoon, another lecture will discuss the other possible PFM preparations including the MAXILLARY FIRST MOLAR, MANDIBULAR FIRST MOLAR, MAXILLARY PREMOLAR and MAXILLARY CANINE. During this afternoon session, you will again complete the assigned preparation from home and receive critical feedback in a real-time session with Dr. Stevenson. Included in the full-day webinar will be continuous opportunities to ask questions, receive detailed hints and suggestions, learn a predictable method of achieving a high grade, and learn from other participants’ preparations, and from the lectures, sketches, and pre-recorded videos.
- The Esthetic-Preparation Design Connection
- Shoulder Form, Depth and Boundaries Interproximally
- How to develop Ideal Taper
- Line of Draw
- The 7 CRITICAL Views Every Grader Checks
- Grading Criteria
- Start to Finish Technique
- Which Burs to Use
- How to Repair Adjacent Tooth Damage
- Error Recognition and Appropriate Corrections
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the features of ideal PFM preparations
- Understand how to use burs and hand instruments to improve your preparation
- Learn how to improve your technique with proven approaches
- Learn how to grade your own work based on grader standards
- Learn which errors are serious and require correction
- Learn how the 7 critical views will make an impact with your results
Richard G. Stevenson III, DDS, FAGD, FACD, ABOD
Emeritus Professor of Clinical Dentistry, UCLA
Private Restorative Practice, West Los Angeles, CA
Director of Education, Stevenson Dental Solutions
Urmi Bhattacharyya, BDS
UCLA ACT Graduate, CA Licensed Dentist
Faculty, Stevenson Dental Solutions
- None of the faculty teaching at Stevenson Dental Solutions has any conflicts of interest to report. We never accept monetary support from any outside entity and all of our lecture materials, demonstrations, and teaching materials are subject to approval from our CE Committee which upholds the best evidence and most appropriate approaches to knowledge dissemination.
- The webinar course offers 5 units of CE Credit.
All of our courses offer both California and ADA/CERP CE Credit. Stevenson Dental Solutions, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.