This 3-hour course provides dentists with a condensed comprehensive and up-to-date review of Posterior Composites. Dr. Stevenson will stress the adherence of proven well-documented techniques and provide the clinician with a deep understanding of the entire restorative process. He will focus on the best practices for adhesion to the placement and adjustment of the finest composite restorations possible. New practitioners and the experienced will find something valuable in this intensive course.
Richard G. Stevenson III, DDS, FAGD, FACD, ABOD
Click HERE for Dr. Stevenson’s CV
NOTE: Dr. Stevenson reports no conflicts of interest with any manufacturers or suppliers that would in any way bias his presentation. All material presented will be based on the latest science and evidence available to the best of his ability.
- Step-by-step Protocol
- Isolation techniques
- Adhesive options – what generation is best?
- Liners and bases and Pulp Capping Materials – how to use them for predictable results
- Matrix systems – are they all the same?
- Light curing units and techniques
- Preparation designs
- Composite materials
- Bulk fill vs incremental layering
- The “snow-plow” and “centripetal wall and lobe” techniques
- Margin elevation
- Polishing systems
- Occlusal adjustment
- Reducing post-operative sensitivity
- Efficiency, limitations, indications
- Understand the indications for placing liners to enhance composite longevity
- Be able to place pulp capping material (MTA) in a manner that improves outcomes
- Learn how to select and apply the best matrix to insure physiological contacts
- Learn how to build composites with the “Wall and Lobe” method
- Learn how to perform ideal occlusal adjustments and polishing
ADA CERP Certified CE Provider
None of the faculty teaching at Stevenson Dental Solutions has any conflicts of interest to report. We never accept monetary support from any outside entity and all of our lecture materials, demonstrations, and teaching materials are subject to approval from our CE Committee which upholds the best evidence and most appropriate approaches to knowledge dissemination. Stevenson Dental Solutions, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.