Implant Surgery Mini-Residency Module IV
A RARE 2-day comprehensive patient-based hands-on experience!
In this Module of the ISMR, Dr. Joan Pi-Anfruns and Dr. Richard G. Stevenson will focus on the precise and stepwise skills and techniques required to provide the best implant surgery outcomes. This session is part two of a two-part intense and detailed approach to understanding everything from the diagnostic process to the nuances of the surgical implant kit. During each session, participants will participate directly in live patient surgeries.
- The surgical planning approach
- How to start each procedure with the end result in mind
- The surgical set-up
- The implant surgical kit
- Which implant to use in different situations
- Flap design and suturing
- Placing the implant fixture
- How to plan every case with the final prosthesis in mind
- Understand how to use the armamentaria for flaps and implant placement
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Preventing failures through understanding the biology and mastering the technique
*Those opting to treat patients must maintain a CA dental license, however, patients may be treated under the care of Dr. Pi for those traveling from out of state and abroad.
Our faculty have extensive knowledge and expertise in this area and our courses are small (limited to 12 with Drs. Pi and Stevenson), and conducted in our learning facility in San Dimas, California, a very safe and clean community, located only 15 minutes west of Ontario International Airport.