Due to the pandemic, many dental schools have decided to implement a virtual clinical aptitude exam in lieu of the traditional “in-person” bench/manikin examination of clinical skills. This course will be conducted online, live via a web platform to test your skills in typical clinical scenarios, bur selection, error recognition, ideal standards, and critical thinking. The course will start with a 40 question MCQ, followed by a live review and Q & A with Dr. Richard Stevenson.
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Case-based Clinical Assessment (We’ve added 10 CASES! designed to test your overall knowledge)
- Radiographic Interpretation
- Ideal Restoration Features
- Ideal Preparation Standards
- Typical Bur Selection
- Error Recognition and Correction
- Restoration Complications
- Preparation Techniques
After the course introduction, Dr. Stevenson will take you through a 40-question intensive Clinical Aptitude Examination to assess your knowledge and identify weaknesses. After the exam, each question will be answered with the rationale and principles identified and clearly communicated.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- How to interpret radiographs for lesions
- Which bur to use for various preparations
- What restoration failures may occur as the result of faulty preparation design
- Restoring the severely compromised tooth
- Biological Impact of Poor Restorations
- Standard Techniques for Direct and Indirect Restorations
Richard G. Stevenson III, DDS, FAGD, FACD, ABOD
Emeritus Professor of Clinical Dentistry, UCLA
(26-year career in academics)
Board Certified in Operative Dentistry
Former Chair of Restorative Dentistry (17 years)
Private Restorative Practice, West Los Angeles, CA
Director of Education, Stevenson Dental Solutions
ADA CERP Certified CE Provider
None of the faculty teaching at Stevenson Dental Solutions has any conflicts of interest to report. We never accept monetary support from any outside entity and all of our lecture materials, demonstrations, and teaching materials are subject to approval from our CE Committee which upholds the best evidence and most appropriate approaches to knowledge dissemination. Stevenson Dental Solutions, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.