NEWLY DESIGNED Gold Restorations: Laboratory Technique
The Tucker Cast Gold Laboratory Technique
The Lab Course – 1 day: Saturday
This course will reside between Day 1 and DAY 3 of the Clinical Cast Gold Course. It will focus on the laboratory procedures required to fabricate world class castings. Dr. Stevenson is a master gold technician and will teach you or your lab technician the details of the techniue from start to finish. All dentists are welcome to attend this session as well!
Richard G. Stevenson III, DDS, FAGD, FACD, ABOD
Click HERE for Dr. Stevenson’s CV
NOTE: Dr. Stevenson reports no conflicts of interest with any manufacturers or suppliers that would in any way bias his presentation. All material presented will be based on the latest science and evidence available to the best of his ability.
Course Outline – Lecture Topics
- Overview of Clinical Procedures
- The Tucker Cast Gold Lab Technique (for the Lab Day participants)
- Creating a profitable workflow with near zero remakes with cast gold
Course Outline – Hands-on Sessions
DAY 2 (Lab Day)
- Fabricate casts, make dies
- Wax-up and invest
- Burn-out and cast inlays
- Divest and finish castings
All materials, including lab supplies and gold for casting are supplied during the course.
NOT INCLUDED: Loupes
At the completion of the one-day 8-hour course, participants will learn how to:
- Understand how to fabricate excellent castings with efficiency and predictability
- Learn how to make gold castings a profit center in your lab operation
- Gain appreciation for the variations of preparations with conservative cast gold and how to alter your lab techniques accordingly
Course participants will each receive a comprehensive e-syllabus, instrument and supply list and information on additional resources to continue learning and applying the techniques presented in the course.
Approved for 8 UNITS of CE by ADA/CERP