Due to the pandemic, many dental schools have decided to implement a virtual exam in lieu of the traditional “in-person” bench/manikin examination of clinical skills. This course will be conducted online, live via a web platform to test your skills at diagnosis, treatment planning, error recognition, ideal standards, and critical thinking. The course will take you through the OSCE methodology and provide you with helpful seldom revealed insights to master these exams.
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Radiographic Interpretation
- Ideal Restoration Contours
- Ideal Prep Standards
- Physiologic Occlusion and Stable Occlusal Contacts
- Error Recognition and Appropriate Corrections
After the course introduction, Dr. Stevenson and Dr. Yadav will take you through a 6o-question intensive OSCE to assess your knowledge and identify weaknesses. After the exam, each question will be answered with the rationale and principles identified and clearly communicated. Participants will be encouraged to ask questions during this 4.5-hour live webinar.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to identify and Create a Problem List
- Render a Periodontal, Biomechanical, Functional and Dentofacial Diagnosis
- Understand how to develop a risk-based Treatment Plan
- Describe the Ideal Sequence for Treatment Planning a Case
- Understand the ideal Standards for the: Class II, III, IV and V Amalgam and Composite Preparations, the FGC, PFM, and ALL-Ceramic Preparations, and key concepts for RPDs
- Understand the OSCE format and prepare accordingly
Richard G. Stevenson III, DDS, FAGD, FACD, ABOD
Emeritus Professor of Clinical Dentistry, UCLA
Private Restorative Practice, West Los Angeles, CA
Director of Education, Stevenson Dental Solutions
Mudit K. Yadav, BDS, Restorative ACT Graduate, UCLA
Community General Dental Practice, Porterville, CA
Faculty, Stevenson Dental Solutions
ADA CERP Cerfified CE Provider
None of the faculty teaching at Stevenson Dental Solutions has any conflicts of interest to report. We never accept monetary support from any outside entity and all of our lecture materials, demonstrations and teaching materials are subject to approval from our CE Committee which upholds the best evidence and most appropriate approaches to knowledge dissemination. Stevenson Dental Solutions, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.