Implant Surgery Mini-Residency
Module XI: Complications in Implant Dentistry
A RARE 2-day comprehensive patient-based hands-on experience!
In this Module of the ISMR, Dr. Joan Pi-Anfruns and Dr. Richard G. Stevenson will focus on the diagnosis, treatment and management of complications in implant dentistry. This session is offers an intense and detailed approach to understanding how to prevent and manage failures, and how to best help the patient overcome implant the all too common disasters. During each session, participants will participate directly in live patient surgeries.
- How to prevent and manage implant complications
- Alternative implant techniques
- Using short implants
- How to manage the unstable fixture
- Is it a tissue issue? Or the tone of the bone!
- How minimize complications through knowing what most just don’t know
- How to plan every case with the final prosthesis in mind
- Understand how to recognize early problems
- Troubleshooting and mitigating techniques
- Preventing failures through understanding the biology and mastering the technique
*Those opting to treat patients must maintain a CA dental license, however, patients may be treated under the care of Dr. Pi for those traveling from out of state and abroad.
Our faculty have extensive knowledge and expertise in this area and our courses are small (limited to 12 with Drs. Pi and Stevenson), and conducted in our learning facility in San Dimas, California, a very safe and clean community, located only 15 minutes west of Ontario International Airport.